Protecting Downstream Equipment
In line strainer gaskets are an effective and inexpensive way to protect valuable downstream equipment such as metering devices from dangerous debris in the pipeline. The stainless steel mesh acts as a filter to separate weld beads/slag, pipe scale, grit, and other foreign materials from the process fluids.
- Materials: BLUE-GARD® 3000 is standard, but most other styles are available
- Thickness: 1/8” overall thickness is standard, but other are available
- Sizes: All sizes available up to 30” ID
- Shapes: Available in all shapes - ring, full face, rectangular, with tabs or custom sizes
*Disclaimer: Technical performance data for the regular BLUE-GARD® gasket does not apply to Strainer Gaskets which are filtration devices that are not intended to perform at the ratings of traditional gasketing materials.
- Materials: 304 Stainless Steel mesh plain weave, other options available upon request
- Mesh: 20, 40, 50, 60 and 100 mesh are in stock, others available upon requestDouble layers of mesh are also available (i.e. 100 & 20 mesh)
|Mesh Options Chart|
|304SS Mesh Cloth||Wires Per Inch||Opening||Wire Diameter||Wire Gauge||% Opening|
|20||20 x 20||0.0340"||0.0160"||28||46.2%|
|40||40 x 40||0.0150"||0.0100"||34||36.0%|
|50||50 x 50||0.0110"||0.0090"||36||30.3%|
|60||60 x 60||0.0060"||0.0110"||39||13.0%|
|100||100 x 100||0.0060"||0.0045"||45||36.0%|