Garlock® GYLON® gasketing is a family of severe service PTFE gasketing materials manufactured using a proprietary process that imparts unique physical properties that are not obtainable through conventional manufacturing methods.
The innovative GYLON® manufacturing process reorients the PTFE and fillers in a way that increases the material’s tensile properties and decreases the creep relaxation problems that usually plague PTFE products. In addition, the mixing process creates a homogenous material with consistent, superior physical properties that, unlike inferior skived PTFE sheet gaskets, do not fluctuate from one side of the sheet to another.
Plus, our patented thermal bonding process allows us to fabricate gaskets of nearly any size. Designed for severe chemical service, GYLON® gaskets are color-coded for easy identification and provide superior sealability to reduce process and media loss and fugitive emissions. They also reduce creep and cold flow characteristics.
Gylon 3504 Info
|Gylon 3504 Specifications|
|Max Pressure:||800 (PSI)|
|Maximum PxT 1/16:||350,000 (°F x PSIG)|
|Maximum PxT 1/8:||250,000 (°F x PSIG)|
Gylon 3504 product style is PTFE with aluminosilicate microspheres.
- Tighter seal with improved performance over conventional PTFE
- Unique manufacturing process minimizes cold flow problems typical of skived and expanded PTFE sheets
- Excellent bolt torque retention
- Withstands a wide range of chemicals for extended service life in a wide variety of applications
- Cuts operational costs through reduced fluid loss, energy consumption, maintenance costs, inventory costs, and waste
- Offers some of the largest sheet sizes in the industry
- Easy identification of superior GYLON® products
- Reduces misapplication and use of unauthorized, inferior substitutes
- moderate concentrations of acids and some caustics
- Cryogenics, hydrogen peroxide (For oxygen service, specify "Style 3505 for oxygen service.")