Garlock® GYLON® gasketing is a family of severe service PTFE gasketing materials manufactured using a proprietary process that imparts unique physical properties that are not obtainable through conventional manufacturing methods.
The innovative GYLON® manufacturing process reorients the PTFE and fillers in a way that increases the material’s tensile properties and decreases the creep relaxation problems that usually plague PTFE products. In addition, the mixing process creates a homogenous material with consistent, superior physical properties that, unlike inferior skived PTFE sheet gaskets, do not fluctuate from one side of the sheet to another.
Plus, our patented thermal bonding process allows us to fabricate gaskets of nearly any size. Designed for severe chemical service, GYLON® gaskets are color-coded for easy identification and provide superior sealability to reduce process and media loss and fugitive emissions. They also reduce creep and cold flow characteristics.
Gylon 3530 Info
|Gylon 3530 Specifications|
|Max Pressure:||1200 (PSI)|
|Maximum PxT 1/16:||350,000 (°F x PSIG)|
|Maximum PxT 1/8:||250,000 (°F x PSIG)|
Gylon 3530 product style is PTFE with graphite filler.
- Graphite-filled PTFE offers extremely low void content for minimal emissions
- Black GYLON® delivers long service against volatile hazardous pollutants (VHAP and VOC)
- Withstands high concentrations of hydrofluoric acids and other glass-dissolving media
- Monomer Service
- Highly Concentrated Hydrofluoric Acid
- Volatile Hazardous Air Pollutants (VHAP)