Garlock® GYLON® gasketing is a family of severe service PTFE gasketing materials manufactured using a proprietary process that imparts unique physical properties that are not obtainable through conventional manufacturing methods.
The innovative GYLON® manufacturing process reorients the PTFE and fillers in a way that increases the material’s tensile properties and decreases the creep relaxation problems that usually plague PTFE products. In addition, the mixing process creates a homogenous material with consistent, superior physical properties that, unlike inferior skived PTFE sheet gaskets, do not fluctuate from one side of the sheet to another.
Plus, our patented thermal bonding process allows us to fabricate gaskets of nearly any size. Designed for severe chemical service, GYLON® gaskets are color-coded for easy identification and provide superior sealability to reduce process and media loss and fugitive emissions. They also reduce creep and cold flow characteristics.
Gylon HP3561 Info
|Gylon HP3561 Specifications|
|Max Pressure:||2500 (PSI)|
|Maximum PxT 1/16:||700,000 (°F x PSIG)|
|Maximum PxT 1/8:||450,000 (°F x PSIG)|
Gylon HP3561 product style is high pressure PTFE with barium sulfate filling and a perforated 316L stainless steel insert.
- Perforated stainless steel core increases resistance to pressure fluctuations and thermal cycling
- GYLON® offers superior cold flow and creep resistance, eliminating the need for frequent retorquing
- Seals aggressive chemicals in hostile environments where safety or blowout resistance is crucial
- Will not support flame
- Will not support bacterial growth
- Aluminum fluoride
- For oxygen service, specify "HP3563 for oxygen service."
When sealing uneven flanges, gasket must be four times thicker than maximum gap between flanges.