Flexitallic Spiral Wound Gaskets
To combat the effects of pressure and temperature fluctuations, flexibility and recovery are essential.
The Flexitallic spiral wound gasket is the precision-engineered solution for flanged joints, heat exchangers, boiler handholes, manholes, and other high-temperature, high-pressure applications—providing resistance to virtually every known corrosive and toxic element.
Flexitallic Spiral Wound Types
- Product Style
- Product Image
Flexitallic Spiral Wound PDF
- Thermiculite 835
- High temperature filler material for spiral wound gaskets.
Cryogenics to 1800°F / 982°C.
Class 150 to 2500.
- Flexitallic Thermiculite 835 PDF
- Utilizes an external ring which accurately centers gasket on flange face: provides additional radial strength to prevent gasket blowout and acts as a compression stop. A general purpose gasket suitable for use with flat face and raised face flanges.
- Flexitallic CG PDF
- Suitable for use with flat face and raised face flanges and specified for high pressure/temperature service or where corrosive or toxic media are present.
- Flexitallic CGI PDF
- LS & LSI
- The style LS spiral wound gasket has been engineered by Flexitallic to provide an alternative to sheet gaskets in Class 150 and Class 300 service. Style LS gaskets have the inherent strength, resiliency and blowout resistance of spiral wound gaskets, yet require low bolt load for seating. They are manufactured with high purity Flexicarb flexible graphite filler or PTFE filler for optimum sealability, and are available for the full range of standard Class 150 and Class 300 flanges, as well as other non-standard low pressure flanges.
- Flexitallic LS & LSI PDF
- M, MC, & MCS
- Style MC gaskets have pre-formed inner and/or outer rings made of spiral windings. This centering guide permits the gasket to assume its correct position and to compensate for inequalities in plate contours and fillets in cold-pressed plates as well as to prevent shouldering and pinching caused by radial misplacement.
Style MCS gaskets are manufactured with a solid metal inner and/or outer ring which also prevents over compression of the gasket in high pressure systems.
- Flexitallic M, MC, & MCS PDF