Leader Spiral Wound Gaskets
Designed more than 100 years ago, Spiral Wound Gaskets (SWGs) are widely used as high integrity and sustainable gaskets. The sealing element is manufactured from preformed, V-shaped metallic windings with intermediate soft sealing fillers. Most used filler materials are Graphite and PTFE. Due to the gasket construction, SWGs offer high compressibility and recovery.
Typical applications for these types of gaskets: (Petro-) Chemical Industry, Steam, On- and Offshore exploration, pipeline systems, pressure vessels and exchangers. Spiral Wound Gaskets can be used in a wide variety of media, for example pH ranges varying from 0 - 14.
Temperature range for all products on this page is: -450°F to 850°F (steam up to 1200°F)
Gaskets can be manufactured in a thickness of .125" / .175" / .250" / 285".
Leader Spiral Wound Types
- Product Style
- Product Image
Leader Spiralwound PDF
- Leader Style SRI are provided with an inner and outer guide ring.
- Leader SRI PDF
- Leader Style SI are provided with an inner ring.
- Leader SI PDF
- Leader Style SR are provided with an outer guide ring.
- Leader SR PDF
- Leader Style S are provided with a sealing element only.
- Leader S PDF
- SRI HDLE
- Style SRI Spiralwound gasket constructed with high density >98% purity inhibited grade graphite that extends slightly above the metal windings and wound with metal filler to a specific pressure setting on the windings to ensure uniform compression under load.
- Leader SRI HDLE PDF
- Two seals in one design. Primary Seal with LeaderKAM kammprofile Inner PTFE Coated or Alloy Construction. Secondary Seal with Unique Controlled Density Spiral Wound. Inhibited Grade High Purity Graphite or ePTFE Facing on Inner Ring.
- Leader SPIRALKAM PDF