Browse our technical information below. Between all our divisions, we have a combined over 150 years of sealing experience. The goal of these pages is to be a resource for our customers. We also have the ability to create or modify drawings to meet customer needs. We can also provide sample materials, sample prototypes, and o-ring kits to provide you hands-on help if you are designing your own custom solution.
If you need any further technical assistance, contact us and we'll be happy to help.
O-Ring Related Information
- Related Links
O-Ring Groove Design
Designing the pieces of an application where o-rings will be applied is the focus of this section. Selecting the correct o-rings may be a challenge because in order to seal properly the o-ring has to deform in the appliation by being compressed and stretched in any number of ways. The design of the groove plays a major role in how the o-ring performs its sealing role.
Main O-Ring Groove Design Page
- O-rings are measured in a variety of sizes. Use these pages to learn about them.
Main O-Ring Size Page
O-Ring Shelf Life
- The information in ARP 5316 is intended to be utilized by those organizations who do not already have specific recommendations for the control of elastomeric seals.
O-Ring Shelf Life Page
General Material Information
General Materials Info
- O-rings, gaskets and molded products can be made from many different compounds, materials, and in many different combinations and formulations. Here's a list of the major elastomeric (rubber) compounds and materials from which o-rings, gaskets, seals, and molded rubber are fabricated.
The overwhelming majority of specifications for rubber compounds are based on ASTM D 2000, "Standard Classification for Rubber Products in Automotive Applications" A second standard, SAE J200, "Classification System for Rubber Products", is for all intents and purposes, identical to ASTM D 2000, so for the purpose of this discussion we will address the ASTM D 2000.
Learn about ASTM D 2000
- A chart listing the most popular compounds and their fluid compatibility.
Main Fluid Compatibility Page
ANSI Flange Info
- Additional Pages
- ANSI B 16.5 pipe flanges gasket information. Both 150lb and 300lb with comparisons from the old style and new style.
Flange gaskets are used in numerous industries, including chemical processing, pharmaceutical, hydro-electric, oil and gas, and medical.
Main ANSI Flange Information Page