Viton® gaskets have excellent resistance to high temperatures, ozone, oxygen, mineral oil, synthetic hydraulic fluids, fuels, aromatics and many organic solvents and chemicals.
Low temperature resistance is normally not favorable and for static applications is limited to approximately –15°F (–26°C) although in certain situations it is suitable down to –40°F (–40°C). Under dynamic conditions, the lowest service temperature is between 5°F and 0°F (–15°C and –18°C). Gas permeability is very low and similar to that of butyl rubber. Special fluorocarbon compounds exhibit an improved resistance to acids, fuels, water and steam.
Viton Gasket Materials List
- Viton A
- Good Chemical resistance.
- Viton B
- Better chemical resistance.
- Viton F
- Best chemical resistance.
- Viton Extreme
- Formulated for universal chemical resistance.
- Viton Sponge
- Superior protection against oils, fuels, most mineral acids, and fire-resistant hydraulic fluids.
- Viton Diaphragm
- Reinforced fluorocarbon rubber sheet to extra strength.