3M™ Ultra Clean / Ultra Low Outgassing Tapes
Clean adhesives are required to reduce the contamination typical of most pressure sensitive adhesive applications. 3M™ Ultra Clean Laminating Adhesives are engineered for contamination sensitive applications.
Ultra-clean Laminating Adhesives are ideal for applications that need lower outgassing and ionics levels compared to current generation laminating adhesives. 3M™ ultra-clean adhesives 501FL and 502FL have an acrylic chemistry that offers good thermal stability over moderate temperatures and short high temperature excursions when combined with a backing layer.
These low outgassing, low fogging adhesive transfer tapes are ideal for hard disk drives, automotive, aerospace and medical applications where contamination sensitive solutions are required.
- Low outgassing at escalated temperatures & very low extractable ionic content
- Helps reduce risk of chemical contamination which can cause head corrosion and media fogging that may cause hard drive failures
- Reduces fogging or condensation in vehicle or aerospace window applications
- Low odor helps improve worker handling
- Low water vapor transmission rate provides effective barrier for water vapor
- Low extractable ionic content