EMI / RFI Fabric Over Foam
As the inventor of conductive fabrics over foam shielding gaskets in 1987, Schlegel Electronic Materials (SEM) has always set the industry standard for highly flexible conductive fabrics. Continuous research and development on substrates, plating processes, and protective coatings have improved shielding effectiveness, environmental durability, and abrasion resistance.
Fabric Over Foam technology provides continuous contact with applications which ensures consistent shielding efficiency at very high frequencies and is non-abrasive to plated and painted surfaces.
SEM's Fabric Over Foam products are used from grounding pads in consumer products to high frequency shielding gaskets in super computers.
Schlegel is a trademark of Schlegel Electronic Materials
Fabric Over Foam Product Line
All materials below are available on all core types, meet 2015/863/EU(RoHS) Compliance, and have galvanic compatibility of SAE ARP 1481 class B).
- NiCu-C70: Nickel-Copper plated polyester ripstop fabric with Schlegel protective top coating.
- NiCu-C22: Nickel-Copper plated polyester ripstop fabric with Schlegel protective top coating.
- NiCu-C12: Nickel-Copper plated polyester plain weave fabric with Schlegel protective top coating.
- Ag-C2: Silver plated nylon ripstop fabric with Schlegel protective top coating.
- SnCu-C50: Tin Copper plated nylon plain weave fabric with Schlegel protective top coating.
|Material||Color||Fabric Type||Top Coating Basis||Surface Resistivity
|Shielding Effectiveness||Contact Resistance
(@ 1kg load) (Ohm-inch)
|Abrasion resistance cycles|
|SnCu-C50||Dark Black||PA 6