Our Clarence, NY, headquarters is currently looking for ambitious, self-motivated, and passionate candidates interested in starting a long-term career in our growing, fast-paced business and supporting our mission to exceed our customers’ expectations with the highest degree of quality and customer service.
If you have a desire to work for a progressive, growing company and want to learn and grow professionally, then we'd like to meet you!
||Full time, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Determines purchasing requirements by monitoring purchasing suggestions in ERP system
- Determines specifications by analyzing use requirements and consulting with users
- Identifies suppliers by researching materials, equipment, and supplies availability; evaluating alternatives; verifying supplier performance record and certification
- Obtains quotes by forwarding requirements to supplier
- Issues purchase orders based on negotiated price, terms, and delivery
- Ensures materials, equipment, and supplies availability by tracking and expediting delivery reviews and assists in maintenance of import compliance procedures
- Assists accounting department in resolving discrepancies by comparing P.O. to delivery documentation and obtains credits/refunds as needed
- Maintains historical records by electronic filing of purchasing documents
- Improves quality results by analyzing materials, equipment, supplies, and supplier reliability; recommends changes as needed
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience purchasing raw materials and finished goods for manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency working in a computer supported environment using business software and Microsoft office programs
- Demonstrated familiarity with U.S. Customs processes and harmonized tariff codes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow; able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Purchasing for manufacture is a plus!
|Seal & Design offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, 401(k) & profit sharing plan, and bonuses.