Garlock® GYLON® gasketing is a family of severe service PTFE gasketing materials manufactured using a proprietary process that imparts unique physical properties that are not obtainable through conventional manufacturing methods.
The innovative GYLON® manufacturing process reorients the PTFE and fillers in a way that increases the material’s tensile properties and decreases the creep relaxation problems that usually plague PTFE products. In addition, the mixing process creates a homogenous material with consistent, superior physical properties that, unlike inferior skived PTFE sheet gaskets, do not fluctuate from one side of the sheet to another.
Plus, our patented thermal bonding process allows us to fabricate gaskets of nearly any size. Designed for severe chemical service, GYLON® gaskets are color-coded for easy identification and provide superior sealability to reduce process and media loss and fugitive emissions. They also reduce creep and cold flow characteristics.
Gylon 3545 Info
|Gylon 3545 Specifications|
|Max Pressure:||1200 (PSI)|
|Maximum PxT 1/16:||350,000 (°F x PSIG)|
|Maximum PxT 1/8:||250,000 (°F x PSIG)|
Gylon 3545 product style is a white microcellular PTFE.
- Highly compressible PTFE outer layers seal under low bolt load-suitable for many non-metallic flanges
- Compressible layers conform to surface irregularities, especially on warped, pitted or scratched flanges
- Rigid PTFE core reduces cold flow and creep normally associated with conventional PTFE gaskets
- Pure PTFE withstands a wide range of chemicals
- Soft PTFE can be cut easily from larger sheets, reducing inventory costs and expensive downtime
- Rigid PTFE core facilitates installation, especially on large diameter flanges and hard-to-reach areas
- Strong caustics
- Strong acids
- Conforms to FDA regulations