Lamons Kammprofile Gaskets
Lamons Kammprofile gaskets are recognized as a problem solver for heat exchangers, large vessels, and equipment that experience excessive movement due to thermal expansion. The Kammprofile provides one of the tightest seals combined with superior load bearing characteristics.
Kammpro gaskets consist of a sealing core metal with or without guide ring. The sealing core is a solid metal gasket with concentric serrations on both sealing surfaces and faced with soft material such as flexible graphite, EPTFE, or the HTG configuration depending on operating conditions. It is the preferred design when needing improved performance at low seating stresses. The simultaneous actions of a high compressibility facing material on the outside of the grooved metal in combination with limited penetration of the tips of the solid metal core enhance the interaction of the two materials. This allows the component to perform individually to their optimum capabilities.
It is available in different materials and shapes such as non-circular shapes which produced efficiently with extreme accuracy to fit various bonnet connection shapes, also it can be custom engineered to fit various applications. The suggested flange surface finish for Kammpro gaskets is 125-250 RMS.
Lamons Kammprofile Styles
- Product Style
- Product Info
- Lamons Style LP1
- Kammpro style LP1 is manufactured without a guide ring for tongue and groove, or recessed flange applications such as Male and Female. It is typically used in heat exchanger applications and applied as an upgrade to double jacketed gaskets especially when lower load is needed. It is highly suggested to have the nubbin (if present) machined out when applying Kammpro LP1 in heat exchanger applications.
- Lamons Style LP2
- Kammpro style LP2 is constructed with an integral guide ring for aligning purposes. It is suggested to be used in raised face flanges. The sealing core is designed and sized per EN-12560-6 spec and depending on the flange specification the guide ring is sized to fit properly.
- Lamons Style LP3
Kammpro style LP3 utilizes a loose fitting guide ring. This popular design is preferred to be used for nominal pipe size and pressure class raised face flanges and is used in equipment with excessive radial shear characteristics, thermal cycling, and expansions. The sealing core is designed per EN-12560-6 spec and the guide ring is sized to suit the flange specification.
Also Kammpro gaskets can be applied to high temperature applications which is rated to 1500°F.
- Lamons Style HTG
- Kammpro - HTG is recognized as a problem solver for heat exchangers, large vessels and equipment that experience high operating temperature. It utilizes a section of high performance mica/phyllosilicate that protects the graphite and shields it from contact of oxidizers. Kammpro HTG represents the best technology available in regards to torque retention and seal ability at elevated temperatures.
- Lamons Style ACHE
- Kammpro ACHE is specially designed to replace traditional solid metal "washer" type gaskets typically used in air cooled heat exchangers. The design takes advantage of the serrated profile with graphite facing to bite against the finish of the header plate and fill in the voids, creating a superior level of tightness. The Kammpro-ACHE has proven to be a very viable solution to emission concerns found where optimal conditions for metal-to-metal sealing are not realized.
- Lamons Style Dual Seal
- Kammpro Dual Seal mates with leak detection devices incorporated into flanged assemblies used in critical applications, such as lethal service. This highly effective gasket has a primary seal followed towards the outer portion of the sealing area by a relief section with through holes, where the leak detection equipment is mounted. Past this relief section is a secondary sealing area that will maintain the integrity of the bolted joint should the primary seal be compromised and pressure differential is identified.