Rogers Corp PORON Material is engineered foam designed to provide the best durable lasting performance in a wide variety of cushioning applications. PORON foam is an open cell foam that has excellent compression set resistance.
- Excellent compression set resistance which enables durable, long-term performance for gasketing, sealing, and cushioning.
- Low-outgassing and non-fogging, containing no plasticizers or residual chemicals to contaminate the device. The material will not become brittle and crumble and is non-corrosive to metal.
- Inherently flame retardant without the use of additives. Many of the materials meet UL HBF and MVSS 302.
- Engineered urethane formulations offering a wide modulus range – 2-90 psi @ 25% deflection – for more design versatility requirements.
- Good chemical resistance
- Die-cuts cleanly and works with a broad range of adhesives
- Broad range of formulas and thicknesses from 0.012″ to 0.500″ (0.43mm to 12.7mm)
Learn the difference between Open Cell Foam and Closed Cell Foam is highlighted in this short educational video from Rogers.
There are several different formulations of PORON and Seal & Design can help you choose the right PORON material that meets your applications’ specifications.