Waterjet cutting machines are a popular tool used to cut a wide variety of materials.
These machines use a very high-pressure jet of water, or a mixture of water and some abrasive substances, in order to cut through materials like granite, metal, rubber, and wood. Waterjet cutting machines suit numerous applications and can assist in the high production of materials that are too delicate for other cutting processes.
There are many more advantages of waterjet cut gaskets and parts:
- Quick prototypes
- Avoid tool costs, which can be significant for large parts
- Intricate parts with thin walls can be easily accommodated
- Multiple parts of the same material can be run at the same time, resulting in maximum material utilization, labor efficiencies, and reduced costs
- Can cut materials up to 6″ thick
- High-pressure water produces extremely perpendicular cut edges with virtually no concavity
At Seal & Design, we offer our waterjet cutting machine capabilities as a prototyping tool, allowing you to create samples and production parts before fully investing in a product. Using industry standard *.dxf files, we can import customer supplied drawings directly into our nesting software and be ready for production within minutes.