Durlon® is gasketing material engineered to perform in a wide variety of applications. It’s ideal for applications involving high caustic, aggressive chemicals.
There are a number of Durlon® formulations but Durlon® 9000 and Durlon® 8500 are two of the most popular.
Durlon® 9000 has several attributes that separate it from other PTFE materials including:
- Listed as an acceptable gasket material for Dry Chlorine service (both liquid and gaseous) in Pamphlet 95 of the Chlorine Institute.
- Approved for Caustics services. Unlike generic glass fiber filled PTFE, the shape of the fillers used in DURLON® 9000 do not allow liquids to wick which can cause corrosion on flange faces.
- Gaskets for oxygen service can be supplied from distributor stocks, providing proper cleaning procedures for oxygen service are followed before installation.
- It is composed of both inorganic mineral and high strength aramid fibers with an NBR rubber binder.
- It has passed the modified API 607 fire test.
Seal & Design offers these and several other Durlon® products. Check out our Durlon® offerings page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org